Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a Electrical Design Engineer at their Livermore, California location. Posted May 22, 2023.
Sparkz is seeking a skilled and dedicated Electrical Design Engineer to assist in taking battery manufacturing to the next level. Under general supervision, you will be essential in helping install, maintain, and repair various production equipment, dry room controls, and associated systems. You will use skilled trades at the journey level to install, repair or modify manufacturing equipment. You may supervise subordinate crew members as the primary stakeholder in developing systems and methods for the facility’s equipment and systems. This is a critical position in our organization; you will be responsible for ensuring that the production equipment has a high uptime and will be able to work diligently to resolve equipment issues and plan and execute work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position requires strong communication, teamwork, initiative, integrity, and attention to detail. Ability to assess and translate complex issues into cohesive, actionable components and communicate at multiple levels across several functions.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientists on complex components, devices, materials, products, processes, and/or equipment.
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications, sketches, and software programs of significant complexity.
- Responds to calls for emergency repair.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine requirements.
- Supervises and coordinates work crews and outside contractors.
- Performs various repairs on production equipment and ancillary systems.
- Diagnose the cause of electrical, optical, or mechanical malfunctions or production equipment failure and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Assists in the planning, developing, and implementing of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effectively utilize machinery, labor, and materials.
- Contributes to continuous improvement to assure compliance with the established requirements and build a World-Class manufacturing culture.
- Manufacturing experience with roll-to-roll foil converting systems is highly desirable.
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of an apprenticeship in one of the building trades or completing a building trades certificate from a community college or applicable military certifications.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience performing manufacturing equipment work in the specialty areas of automation, mechanical, electrical, and machine controls.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, component drawings, standard operating procedures, written engineering instructions, and job safety analyses.
- 5+ years of experience in continuous manufacturing with hands-on expertise in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and distributed controls.
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on execution of safety, quality, delivery, and cost in a continuous manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency CMMS software is desired.