Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a CAD Technician at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is looking for a knowledgeable and committed CAD drafter and modelling to help turn ideas into physical products. In this role, you will act as a liaison between the research and development team and engineering to turn prototypes into actionable drawings and models. Our ideal candidate has three years of relevant drafting and modeling experience with SolidWorks or other industry-standard CAD programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates product models and drawings based on discussions with R&D team and internal customers
- Maintains a drawing and model database with strong revision management
- Develop and implement changes and improvements to product designs to increase reliability and manufacturability
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified understanding of the products, drawings, and models.
- Support sales and marketing with product renderings
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Associate degree in CAD software, engineering or another relevant field is required.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering design
- Proven experience in drafting, modelling, and CAD tools
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite).
- Experience in working with technical teams in developing and reviewing product designs and prototypes
- Experience with specific regulations and compliance testing for electrical and hazardous products (e.g., UL, UN)
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, change management, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.