Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a Supply Chain Specialist at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is looking for a knowledgeable and committed supply chain specialist to assist the Cell Raw Materials Supply Chain team in supporting our expanding in-house battery manufacturing business. In this role, you will act as the primary point of contact between Sparkz’s internal stakeholders, such as engineering and manufacturing, and commodity players. This is a critical position in our organization; you will be in charge of increasing efficiency and lowering costs in our supply acquisitions. Our ideal candidate has at least five years of supply management experience and a track record of success in purchasing roles while reducing overall costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads supply chain program execution and is responsible for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, and risk/opportunity management.
- Assess supplier operations according to quality benchmarks and standards, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution.
- Track KPIs and generate reports for supply chain performance.
- Develop and implement changes and improvements to supply chain procedures to increase productivity and reduce waste.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified understanding of the process.
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is required.
- Foster strong partnerships with other businesses
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or another relevant field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations
- Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite).
- Deep understanding of supplier qualification processes and drive continuous improvement in the supply chain.
- Experience in working with technical teams in developing and reviewing competitive and compliant proposals, including teaming strategies and complex subcontracting strategies.
- Experience with specific regulations and compliance practices governing imports in the supply chain activities (e.g., CPB, Shipping, Customs, ITAR, other)
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, change management, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.