Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is looking for a skilled and dedicated Manufacturing Engineer to help take battery manufacturing to the next level. You will play an essential role as the primary stakeholder in developing systems and methods across the manufacturing enterprise. This is a critical position in our organization; you will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering documentation structure meets the organization’s needs and that disciplined engineering change management is used effectively and consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the integration of new design and manufacturing techniques. Apply state-of-the-art industry technologies to develop new or improved processes and procedures.
- The position requires strong communication, teamwork, initiative, integrity, and attention to detail. Ability to assess and translate complex issues into cohesive, actionable components and communicate at multiple levels across several functions.
- Development, assessment, and documenting state-of-the-art process capabilities and guidelines for product designers.
- Specifying, identifying, and partnering in procuring new manufacturing equipment for production readiness and managing the validation process of equipment for production.
- Solving manufacturing problems (related to materials, designs, equipment and tooling, training, and instructions) to support the manufacturing effort.
- Creating and managing project plans (tasks, resources, and schedules) for process development activities.
- Assisting with the training of manufacturing personnel and participation in the design and development of operation training materials.
- Oversees and contributes to developing manufacturing documentation, including test methods, final product specifications, SOPs, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified understanding of the processes.
- Contributes to continuous improvement to assure compliance with the established requirements and build a World-Class manufacturing culture.
- Manufacturing experience with roll-to-roll foil converting systems is highly desirable.
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree in Manufacturing, Quality, or another relevant field is preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, change management, and analytical skills.
- 5+ years of experience in continuous manufacturing or leading the implementation of cutting-edge roll-to-roll foil converting processes.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on execution of safety, quality, delivery, and cost in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency in 3D Solid Modeling using SolidWorks software.
- Understanding statistically thinking strategies, work breakdown structures, and value stream mapping optimization in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite).
- Deep understanding of product and equipment qualification processes and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing systems.