Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a Senior Facilities Technician at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is seeking a skilled and dedicated Facilities Technician to assist in taking battery manufacturing to the next level. Under general supervision, you will play an essential role in helping install, maintain, and repair a variety of heating, air-conditioning, dry rooms, refrigeration equipment, and associated systems. You can work in any skilled trade at the journey level, such as electrical, plumbing, or HVAC. You may supervise subordinate crew members as the primary stakeholder in developing systems and methods for the facility’s equipment and systems. This is a critical position in our organization; you will be responsible for ensuring that the facility’s equipment has a high uptime and will be able to work diligently to resolve equipment issues plan and execute work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position requires strong communication, teamwork, initiative, integrity, and attention to detail. Ability to assess and translate complex issues into cohesive, actionable components and communicate at multiple levels across several functions.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Responds to calls for emergency repair.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine requirements.
- Supervises and coordinates work crews and outside contractors.
- Performs various repairs on heating and cooling systems, appliances, lighting systems, outlets; repairs and installs electrical circuits; repairs and maintains generators and motors, repairs and installs plumbing systems.
- Repairs and makes adjustments to machines and equipment. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Performs significant repair and routine maintenance on air conditioning, refrigeration, chillers, boilers, heat pump systems, and associated equipment.
- Removes, disassembles, and overhauls significant components, e.g., compressors, electric motors, controls, fans, blowers, pumps, valves, piping, etc.
- Assists in the planning, developing, and implementing of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effectively utilize machinery, labor, and materials.
- Contributes to continuous improvement to assure compliance with the established requirements and build a World-Class manufacturing culture.
- Manufacturing experience with roll-to-roll foil converting systems is highly desirable.
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of an apprenticeship in one of the building trades or completing a building trades certificate from a community college or applicable military certifications.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience performing facility maintenance work in the specialty areas of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- 3+ years of experience in continuous manufacturing with hands-on expertise on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and distributed controls.
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on execution of safety, quality, delivery, and cost in a facilities maintenance setting.
- Proficiency CMMS software is desired.