Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire two Product Development Technicians at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Product Development Technician to support our growing in-house battery manufacturing business. As the primary stakeholder for the maintenance and change management of the engineering documentation and derived operation procedures developed across the manufacturing enterprise, you will play an important role. This is a critical position in our organization; you will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering documentation structure meets the organization’s needs and that disciplined engineering change management is used effectively and in a disciplined manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the central point of communications for engineering and procedural technical documents within the internal departments and the equipment suppliers.
- Contributes to continuous improvement to assure compliance with the established requirements and build a World-Class manufacturing culture.
- Assists in documentation writing and revising, including test methods, final product specifications, SOPs, etc.
- Track KPIs and generate reports for product and manufacturing system performance.
- Ensures flow of documents and as-build reports between or within departments.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified understanding of the processes.
- Manufacturing experience: exposure to the lithium-ion industry is required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Quality, or another relevant field is preferred.
- 5+ years of exposure to an engineering change management environment.
- Understanding of agile strategies, work breakdown structures, and project integration in a manufacturing setting.
- Proven experience process documentation analysis, and the ability to capture and effectively communicate gaps.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite).
- Deep understanding of product and equipment qualification processes and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing systems.
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, change management, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.