Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire two Chemistry Technicians at their California location. Posted July, 18 2022.
Sparkz is looking for a dedicated and resourceful Chemistry Technician to support our growing in-house battery research and development (R&D) efforts. This is an entry-level position. As a Chemistry Technician within the R&D team at Sparkz’s Livermore, CA location, you will play an important role. You will be responsible for assisting the material synthesis, cell fabrication, and battery testing teams in day-to-day operations of the laboratory. As one of the team members most involved in lab functions, you will also provide vital feedback to the R&D team on improvements to lab protocols and safety procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with R&D team members to synthesize lithium-ion battery materials and make and test lithium-ion battery cells.
- Execute lab protocols established by R&D team members to achieve R&D goals.
- Report to R&D team members inefficiencies or problems encountered during execution of lab protocols.
- Work with facility managers on repairs and routine maintenance to lab space and equipment.
- Perform inventory evaluations to keep laboratory spaces continuously stocked with chemicals, personal protective equipment, and lab consumables.
- Abide by all laboratory safety protocols and work with R&D team members to promote a culture of lab safety.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- This is an entry-level position, though work experience in a laboratory environment is beneficial.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to adhere to safety principles and practices.
- Ability to provide feedback on lab protocols and safety procedures to make lab work more efficient.
- Strong communication (written and oral), organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory practices and techniques.