Sparkz Inc., is looking to hire a Battery Material Scientist at their California location. Posted Jan. 25, 2022.
- Synthesis, design and optimize solid oxide electrolyte materials for use in lithium batteries with particular attention to the characterization, the structure analysis and the morphology study of the materials;
- Assemble and test energy storage devices and evaluate the performance of the materials and energy storage devices.
- Collect and analyze data to achieve the most optimal solution for energy storage research activities
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed while conducting research
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in oxide material preparation via solid state, sol-gel and hydrothermal process. Knowledge and experience in materials synthesis.
- Familiar with gloveboxes, analysis instruments such as SEM, XRD, Impedance measurement (electrolyte/electrode interface), battery cycler, and Environment, Safety and Health requirement/documentation.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Materials science, Chemistry, or Chemical engineering.